Young and upcoming film critics from outside the Netherlands get fewer opportunities to explore and sharpen their knowledge and views on independent and experimental cinema. International Film Festival Rotterdam recognizes the important role of film criticism and supports journalistic talent with a trainee project for the next wave of film journalists: the IFFR Trainee Project Young Critics.
The IFFR Trainee Project for Young Film Critics, created in 1998, is our talent development programme that offers young (under 30 years), motivated and talented professional film critics from outside the Netherlands a chance to travel abroad, cover a major international film festivals and, in particular, get acquainted with International Film Festival Rotterdam and the broad range of independent cinema it offers.
- Complimentary IFFR 2018 press accreditation
- Budget hotel accommodation in Rotterdam
- Partial refund of travel costs when traveling from outside Europe
- A full schedule. IFFR wants its trainee film critics to really participate in the festival and interact with other industry professionals. The trainees will form a team, hosted by the IFFR Press Office and the festival editorial staff. You get to explore all aspects of IFFR (screenings, exhibitions, Q&A sessions, and debates) as part of the program and to cover for your own media
- If your participation is successful and you have published reports that meet IFFR standards (in both quality and quantity) you get the opportunity to visit the next edition of the festival as an accredited journalist
- Age under 30 years
- Fluent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Demonstrable experience in film criticism (print or online media)
- Not yet established enough to profit from facilities as attending international film festivals outside your country
- Have agreement(s) with relevant print and/or online media to publish reports on International Film Festival Rotterdam 2018
Apply online through given link.
For more information please visit the official website.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2017 (37 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link