The IFC Young Professionals program (IFC YPP) is the flagship recruitment program of International Finance Corporation, which offers a unique opportunity to launch a global career in finance. You join as an Associate in the Investment, Advisory or Treasury streams. You will start in Washington DC and build your expertise through hands on assignments and transactions in different countries. IFC’s approach is to combine rigorous analysis, innovative deal structuring with a focus on financial sustainability and positive development impact. The program is open to current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar programs with strong financial skills. You should be able to demonstrate a track record of success in your prior work experience and have a strong interest in working in Emerging Markets.
The application period is closed and will reopen in mid-August 2019 with an application link located on this website.
- 3-year program with 2 to 3 rotational assignments either in a regional hub or a different industry department or in another World Bank Group institution
- Participating units include Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; TMT, Venture Capital & Funds; Public Private Partnership; and Treasury and Syndications
- Leadership exposure and development that provides strong opportunities for growth
- Active coaching throughout the program
The program is structured to provide you with a solid understanding of IFC’s business
The AIO’s should have 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, management consulting or Treasury).
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar program
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends, sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) is a plus
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
For further information please visit the given link.
- Applications for the IFC YP program are accepted annually.
- The online application is open from mid/late-August to early October each year.
- Interviews usually take place in October/November, and offers are typically made in late December or early January.
- IFC YPP participants typically join in September of each year.