As part of connecting with local communities and like-minded, The Art Caravan are building teams in each country along the journey. As part of the GAC group, the teams will help with the planning and be building up the project from summer 2017 to summer 2018 and then co-work with GAC during the journey in 2018 itself.
- The positions that we call for are the following:
- Country Team Leader: The country team leader will be responsible for the whole country team and the contact person for the GAC core team. Tasks such as team building, monitoring, and organizing will, therefore, require exceptional social and organizational skills.
- Local Media Co-ordinator: The local media coordinator will be responsible for spreading the word of the movement, so concretely for communicating the Country Team’s as well as GACs activities, for inviting like-minded, and for sharing updates.
- Collaboration Executive: The collaboration executive would have the task to research and coordinate local artists, humanitarian organizations, and communities to build a connection with so that the GAC team can collaborate and work with them.
- Event and travel Executive: The event and travel executive will coordinate in the respective country for the collaborative activities on the journey itself. Included in that will be the organization of the workshop, ensuring the collaborations, arrange spaces and look after the travels in the respective country.
- Researcher: The researcher’s task will provide information about the respective country as well as be updated about its socio-cultural and political situation specifically, and suggest local topics that could the subject of the collaboration and art events.
- Certificate from GAC.
- Opportunity to collaborate, connect, and work with a team of global artists and activists.
- Engage in a political and cultural exchange with fellow African volunteers as well as international like-minded.
- Gain experience in team building, cross-cultural communication, and problem- solving.
Concretely, The Art Caravan call for volunteers that meet the following criteria:
- Age should be between 18 and 30.
- National of one of an African country, ideally of one of the countries the GAC will go through (South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Sudan, Egypt)
- Ideally with experience in team management, and youth advocacy and leadership.
- Must be passionate and creative.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017 (27 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link