Global Schools is an initiative led by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) in support of UNESCO’s Global Action Program on Education for Sustainable Development (GAP-ESD). The vision of the program is to generate interest about sustainable development in schools in an effort to educate and engage students with the SDGs and to encourage them to prioritize the goals in their lifestyles, behaviors, education and professional careers as these goals provide framework for a better world that children could live in the future. The program aims to do this by transforming learning environments globally and making schools the hubs of education and leadership on SDGs, ultimately becoming vehicles for empowering and mobilizing students and young people to help implement the SDGs in their communities.
The primary responsibilities of the ambassadors include:
Participate in a 3 month long online training program (October – December 2017) in order to grow your understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals, the Global Schools program, Education for Sustainable Development and more importantly to develop skills (public speaking, research, mapping, presenting) that are critical for the successful execution of the program. In addition, as part of the training program develop your project plan for the effective localization of the Global Schools program in your city.
Serve as an official Global Schools Ambassador from February 2018 until December 2018 (10 months) and in doing so lead a local project to help achieve the program’s core objectives in your city (Transform Learning Environments, Build the Capacities of Educators, Empower and Mobilize Youth).
Location:Jamaica, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, kenya, Nigeria, Philippines
Making an Impact:
- Working with SDSN Youth and Global Schools enables you to be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governmental and civil society in developing and leading a global movement for sustainable development.
- SDSN works with some of the world’s most influential businesses, academic institutions, government bodies and civil society groups in the sustainable development sector.
- We engage closely with a number of these stakeholders, forming partnerships to educate, connect and mobilize individuals and groups to make a positive impact.
Aspirations and Networks:
- SDSN Youth and Global Schools enable you to build professional and personal relationships with high-level stakeholders in civil society, business, government and the United Nations.
- By joining this program, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- For example, the SDSN Youth Assembly consists of more than 120+ young people from more than 35 different countries and the Global Schools program will consist of 50+ young people from more than 16 different countries.
- The relationships you develop through SDSN Youth and Global Schools could serve as a foundation for your future endeavours.
Pathways to leadership:
- Supported by our global team of experts across a range of areas, you will progress rapidly in a challenging but flexible and fulfilling environment.
- Your experiences will become central to our network’s efforts and legacy in empowering youth globally to make sustainable solutions.
- Working with SDSN Youth and Global Schools will enable you to have a real impact while navigating through complex scenarios and overcoming difficult hurdles, preparing you for challenges of leadership.
- Candidate MUST possess an excellent command of the English language
- Candidate MUST have excellent public speaking skills, capable of communicating well with key stakeholders and partners
- Candidate MUST demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role –candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from this position
- Candidate MUST be able to commit at least 8-10 hours per week for this role
- Candidate MUST be aged between 18-29 in order to be eligible for this role
- Candidate MUST be absolutely self-driven, accountable and responsible for meeting his/hergoals – as between 18-29 in order to be eligible for this role
Apply online through given website.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link