Feature Image Credit: https://www.iwmf.org/programs/gender-justice-reporting-initiative/
The IWMF’s Gender Justice Reporting Initiative will enhance coverage of gender issues in South Africa and Uganda. In 2021, the IWMF will select 30+ journalists in South Africa and Uganda to participate in this program. Our fellows will complete a six-month, virtual training course, which includes physical and digital security workshops, and will have the opportunity to receive reporting grants and mentoring from experienced editors.
The course will be led by South African journalist, editor, trainer, and media manager, Paula Fray, and Ugandan journalist, editor, and media trainer, Barbara Among. Through training, funding, and personalized support, the IWMF will increase the volume and quality of reporting on women and other traditionally marginalized voices. The journalists’ accurate, nuanced, and inclusive reporting will respond to critical information gaps and challenge well-established, misogynistic narratives in the news media.
- Physical and digital security workshops
- Opportunity to receive reporting grants and mentoring from experienced editors
- Full-time professional journalists
- Press journalists
- Primary profession needs to be journalism
- 3+ years of post-graduate professional journalism experience
- Citizen/ living in South Africa or Uganda
- Apply online through the Apply Now link
- Three published work samples from the last two years need to be provided in the application.
Application Deadline: May 11, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link