As part of the Rohingya humanitarian response in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, UN Women is establishing a “Gender Hub” with the objective of strengthening accountability of all humanitarian actors for gender equality and empowerment of Rohingya refugee and host community women and girls in line with the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Policy on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in Humanitarian Action and its Accountability Framework. The Gender Hub will be part of the Inter-Sector Coordination Group (ISCG) secretariat and support humanitarian actors in Cox’s Bazar more effectively integrate gender equality and women’s empowerment including prevention, mitigation and response to gender-based violence and sexual exploitation and abuse into their programmes through systematic gender mainstreaming for better service delivery and empowerment outcomes for the Rohingya refugees and host community women and girls.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
Gender Hub will build on ongoing efforts and expertise of the different gender and protection related coordination groups (Protection Working Group, Gender in Humanitarian Action Working Group, Gender-Based Violence sub-sector, Preventing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse network). It will offer integrated technical advisory support to sectors, humanitarian agencies, government and local partners to help them translate policies and commitments and various assessments and study recommendations on gender and women’s empowerment into tangible actions. It will be a training hub and deliver training for humanitarian workers and local counterparts engaged in the refugee response on gender awareness, sensitivity and gender equality, gender and diversity, gender and GBV mainstreaming that is contextualized to the local situation. The gender hub will also act as a knowledge management hub of assessments and research that will contribute to strengthening the knowledge and evidence-base for designing interventions that will have impact.
- The opportunity to help a humanitarian cause and help create policies for the Rohingya crisis.
- The chance to strengthen accountability of all humanitarian actors for gender equality and empowerment of Rohingya refugee.
- The opportunity to mitigation and response to gender-based violence and sexual exploitation and abuse into their programmes through systematic gender mainstreaming for better service delivery and empowerment outcomes for the Rohingya refugees and host community women and girls.
- The gender hub will also act as a knowledge management hub of assessments and research that will contribute to strengthening the knowledge and evidence-base for designing interventions that will have impact.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in human rights, gender, international relations, international development, international law or other social science fields is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- At least 7 years progressively responsible experience in designing and managing humanitarian programmes, with a particular focus on gender equality, and gender and protection in emergencies;
- Substantive and technical experience in inter-agency coordination, preferably protection cluster and/or GiHA/GBV coordination, and/or ProCap/GenCap in an emergency setting;
- Experience in gender policy analysis and strategic planning and capacity development;
- Experience working with, and building partnerships with governments, donors and civil society organizations internationally and in the field;
- Experience in leading a team is an asset
- Experience working with the UN is an asset; and
- Experience working in the region is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
- Knowledge of Bangla is an asset.
Apply through the link below. Please submit the application by 23rd March, 11:59pm New York, USA
Application Deadline: March 24, 2019 (3 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link