Feature Image Credit: EYP official website.
In the framework of Germany’s Presidency of the Council of the European Union, a diverse group of 20-25 young Europeans is invited to discuss youth visions with the 27 Ministers of European Affairs of the EU Member States. The ministers want to hear your ideas for the future of Europe and will discuss them with you during a digital meeting.
To prepare for the meeting, you will be divided into thematic groups. Each team will decide on priorities they envisage for the future of Europe. Issues could include European democracy and citizens’ participation, climate policy, or the response to the COVID-19 pandemic – most importantly, they should reflect your life experiences and priorities. Past discussions of the European Youth Parliament will serve as an inspiration, helping you to develop your viewpoint and support it with convincing arguments. On December 1st, the output will be presented at a digital meeting with the Ministers of European Affairs. The ministers will discuss the results with you and each other. This will also serve as a preparation for the Conference on the Future of Europe – a major EU-wide initiative that will foster citizens’ participation and that is planned to start in late 2020 or early 2021.
Are you passionate about the future of Europe? Do you think that your views, everyday experiences, and opinions should matter more? Are you ready to dedicate time and energy to working closely with other young Europeans in October and November? Then you could become one of around 20 Young Europe Ambassadors who will discuss their ideas with the 27 Ministers of European Affairs of the EU Member States! Over two months, you will work together digitally in small teams. You will develop engaging ideas that you will present at the informal meeting of the Ministers of European Affairs, chaired by German State Minister Michael Roth.
- You will have the chance to discuss your ideas on the future of Europe with Ministers of all EU Member States on equal terms.
- You will be able to engage deeply with a topic that really interests you, and think of an innovative and engaging way of presenting your ideas in a format that works for you.
- You will receive peer-coaching on your ideas.
- All work is remote, but in a small team, which allows working together flexibly.
- Any young person (between 17 and 25) who cares for the future of Europe – and is willing to team up with others to create ideas with an impact.
- Whoever is thrilled to produce an output that is engaging and a good basis for discussion with high-level politicians.
- Anyone who is available to take on a workload of 4-5 hours per week during the 15th of October and 15th of December.
- People who enjoy working remotely in teams, and who are good at communicating, structuring their own work, and delivering output by a deadline.
- We are looking for the majority of participants to come from the EU Member States; however, if you are from the EU neighborhood countries and are eager to contribute, do not hesitate to apply.
- We look forward to receiving applications from people of all nationalities, religions, genders, sexual identities, different ages and people with disabilities.
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link