Nominations are open for 9 youth leaders to represent the Commonwealth’s 1.4 billion young people on the Commonwealth Youth Council.
Have you got what it takes to be one of them?
The open positions are:
- Vice-Chairperson – Inclusion and Engagement
- Vice-Chairperson – Partnerships and Resources
- Vice-Chairperson – Policy and Advocacy
- Regional Representative – Africa and Europe
- Regional Representative – Asia
- Regional Representative – Caribbean and Americas
- Regional Representative – Pacific
- Representative – Special Interest Groups (any region)
To be eligible for the Commonwealth Youth council you must:
- have least 3 years of experience working with a national youth council or youth-led organisation
- be a Commonwealth citizen
- be aged 15-27
- Nominations must be in by 20 March 2020.
- You need to be nominated by a national youth council or youth-led organisation.
- Shortlisted candidates will start campaigning from 17 April 2020.
- You must be able to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF) in Kigali, Rwanda, 20 to 23 June 2020, where elections will take place.
What you’ll do:
If you are elected to the Commonwealth Youth Council, you will:
- serve from 2020 to 2022
- join and organise workshops, forums and advisory panels
- help make policy recommendations.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link