The application window for the CERN Administrative Student Programme 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland is now open.
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter — fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact and provide insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Diversity has been an integral part of CERN’s mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
One of CERN’s key missions is education. Their professionals very much enjoy sharing their knowledge and expertise with students who are committed and passionate about their chosen field.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
There’s no better way to learn than on-the-job. When that job happens to be in a world-famous organization and center of scientific excellence, even better. If you’re an undergraduate in Administration and are looking for a practical training period or a place to complete your final project, you could spend 2 to 12 months at CERN during the course of your studies (Bachelor or Master). If your university requires or encourages you to acquire work experience through an internship, imagine doing this at CERN in Geneva. It’s more than work experience. In fact, it’s a student program like nowhere else on Earth and impressive addition to your CV!
It could be in any of the following disciplines: translation, human resources, advanced secretarial work, business administration, logistics, law, finance, accounting, library and information science, engineering management, science communication, education, audiovisual, communication and public relations, psychology, audit are but a few of the examples of the many domains in which successful applicants will learn and contribute their knowledge.
Imagine getting involved in work that is changing the world and imagine doing it before you’ve left university. Imagine working in an international environment and having a great quality of life. Put all these ingredients together to make this imagination a reality. Apply now and take part in CERN’s Administrative Student Programme!
- A contract of association from 2 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3305 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
In order to qualify for a place on the program you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) specializing in an administrative field at the time of the next student committee taking place on December 2019.
- You can stay for at least 2 and at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student.
- You are advised to opt for the longest period possible to make the most of it and increase your chances of being selected!
- You have a good knowledge of English or French.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 21, 2019 (31 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link