United People Global (UPG) is a global community that encourages and enables people to participate in making the world a better place. To do this they manage a network of independent and local communities of people who apply UPG’s mission and methods to tackle challenges within their communities. UPG calls these “Communities of Champions”. And there is an opportunity for you to apply to establish a Community of Champions in your city or community. As a Captain, you will work with others locally and be part of a global family.
Each UP Community is a non-partisan, non-religious group within a local community that is focused on empowering people to participate in the future of their communities. UP Communities contribute to resolving local challenges by collaborating with relevant stakeholders in a positive and non-confrontational manner. Each UP Community is composed of people from all walks of life and reflects the diversity of the community that the UP Community serves. The work of all Communities of Champions is facilitated by UPG, an independent not-for-profit organisation based in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Network and Community
- A webpage for your Community of Champions hosted on the UPG website.
- A logo for your Community of Champions.
- Receive invitations to a wider range of eligible events and other UPG fully funded opportunities. Receive priority as part of a Community of Champions.
- Learn more about the world, locally and globally.
- Be part of a global network of people who want to build a better future and can help you connect with other Champions locally.
- Opportunity to have you and your activities featured on our Social Media pages.
- Act and Influence the future
- Opportunity to apply for special funding that is available for the activities of Champions. Receive priority as part of a Community of Champions.
- Preference to speak on their programs and be highlighted in their publications.
- Share your own activities with a community of like-minded people
- Opportunity to mobilise others to support your activity.
- Opportunity to join the activities of others. The UPG community has a rich flow of ideas that are big and small, local and global that you can join or participate in.
- Influence the global network
- Influence the global network through opportunities to volunteer, to co-design, to shape and to lead specific UPG initiatives.
- As a champion of people, a supporter of people through the work of United People Global. Beyond your own glow, your commitment also encourages others to make stronger commitments.
Communities of Champions are specifically highlighted on UPG channels, with their consent.
- Those who are serious about driving change in their community will be accepted.
- Everyone in a Community of Champions must fulfil the criteria to be a UPG Champion.
- Minimum age of every Champion is 18.
- Please learn more about UPG Champions on the official website
Apply today by emailing [email protected] with the following details:
- Your Full name, DOB, City, Country, and phone number with country code.
- Please attach your CV or Resume
- Please attach a short Motivation Letter for applying –
- please tell us why you would be a good choice for Captain of a Community of Champions?
- Please explain whether you can recruit at least 4 others to join you (please see Eligibility). The minimum size of a Community of Champions is five (5) Champions.
- Three (3) issues in your Community or City that you could address (i.e. be part of the solution) as a Community of Champions. Please briefly describe each issue in one short paragraph.
- Links to your social media pages
- *Optional* Describe a few activities or projects – that you are actively involved in or that you have completed – that is helping make a positive impact on your community. If you have such examples, including them will strengthen your application
Application Deadline: December 13, 2020 (48 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link