The CGIAR Generating Evidence and New Directions for Equitable Results (GENDER) Platform, in collaboration with African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD), is announcing the call for the CGIAR Gender Researchers’ Leadership and Mentoring Program.
Targeting mid-career gender researchers in CGIAR, the Program seeks to equip participants with practical tools to increase their visibility, gain influence, and accelerate the impact of gender.
The CGIAR GENDER Platform-AWARD collaboration focuses on strengthening researchers’ capacity to influence institutional processes towards gender-equitable and socially inclusive agricultural transformation.
The CGIAR GENDER Platform, through its capacity development strategy, is working toward a world where research on gender equality drives transformation towards equitable, sustainable, productive, and climate-resilient food systems. AWARD has a long-standing commitment and track record of developing the capacity of gender research leaders to design and influence gender-equitable and sustainable agricultural development.
The focus on mentoring and leadership development of gender researchers, to support their professional career, personal growth, and capacities, will enable them to increase their perceived legitimacy and relevance – and that of their gender research.
Push limits to increase their visibility, influence, and relevance
- Self-confidence and motivation to perform
- Visibility through enhanced communication skills
- Improved capacity to navigate the system of and to influence their organizations
- Motivation for career progression
Empower with their inspirational experience and success stories
- New insights about gender research
- Free thinking and improved communication
- Motivation to lead and perform
Anchor their impact and ignite change in the world
- Enhanced visibility and respect for gender researchers
- Improved interdisciplinary team collaboration within and between institutions
- Increased commitment towards gender equality, institutional and societal change
To apply for the CGIAR Gender Researchers’ Leadership and Mentoring Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time employee in a One CGIAR center or a partner National Agricultural Research Institute
- Be a mid-career gender researcher with at least a Master’s degree, preferably in social sciences
- Have at least five years of experience in gender research and development studies or related fields
- Participants from all geographies are eligible, but scheduling restrictions may apply
- Both men and women researchers are encouraged to apply
- The applicants are invited to fill in an online form on or before July 31, 2021.
- The applicants should also submit an updated CV and a recommendation letter from their direct supervisor via email to [email protected] on or before July 31, 2021
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link