Bridge the Divide is a political initiative that seeks to promote political conversation amongst youth in a time of great divide in both American and global political affairs. Bridge the Divide work to unite politically active students who desire to create change in the world by stimulating conversation between young people in a productive and respectful manner. Bridge the Divide is run solely by young people to work towards a more politically-prosperous, collective future for young people.
Encouraging students to engage in respectful and substantive political conversation, the organization has three main components: live online political discussions, moderated op-ed publishing, and an ambassadorship program. Real-time discussions cover a variety of topics and often garner hundreds of comments.
In this cross-functional role, you’ll be writing Op-Eds, recruiting writers in your area, engaging in online and in-person discussions, and posting about Bridge the Divide on social media. You will be the face of BTD in your community.
You will be a member of Bridge the Divide team and will be working closely with the leadership at BTD.
- Knowledge and experience working with a start up organization run solely by young people
- Leadership and organizational skills
- A powerful network of over 40 like minded young people
- Access to Bridge the Divide conferences with high profile international speakers
- Experience writing political opinions editorials
- Social media skills
- Applicants must be 12-24 years old
- Applicants must be passionate about politics and civic engagement
- All applicants must have a desire to change the world
Applications are now open and will be reviewed as soon as possible. Applicants will likely be informed as to whether they have been accepted as ambassadors within 1 week of their submission.Apply nowOfficial link