YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation (YP2LE) is a USAID-funded activity focused on building and disseminating the evidence on Positive Youth Development (PYD). YP2LE’s goal is to give program implementers, researchers, and young changemakers the information, tools, and resources they need to develop high-quality, impactful, and sustainable youth programs.
A core component of YP2LE is YouthLead.org, a global hub for young changemakers, aged 15-35. The platform is designed to help changemakers maximize their impact through connecting and networking with their peers at home and around the world; accessing resources and information that can support their work; and engaging opportunities to build their skills through learning events and campaigns.
Objectives of the YP2LE Youth Advisory Group (YAG)
The YP2LE Youth Advisory Group (YAG) is a 10-member group of young leaders that play a vital role in ensuring that meaningful youth engagement and leadership occurs across all YP2LE tasks and related activities. The YAG is expected to start in May 2020, with members serving one-year terms.
YAG Member Roles and Responsibilities
YAG members will support activities across YP2LE, including the global YouthLead.org platform and its related activities and campaigns. The overall role of YAG members is to:
- Provide input into YP2LE activities, tools, products, and services.
- Support specific tasks under the YP2LE project such as, research, communications, mentoring, capacity building, etc.
- Provide recommendations for how to strengthen youth engagement across YP2LE activities, including meetings and events.
- Support the development and dissemination of learning products from across YP2LE activities and the YouthLead.org platform.
- Promote inclusive approaches for youth (e.g., gender, youth with disabilities, LGBTQI) across activities.
During the year, YAG members will be required to:
- Participate (virtually) in the YAG kick-off meeting to be held mid-May 2020.
- Participate in ongoing YAG meetings to be held every other month.
- Participate one-to-one check-in calls with the YouthLead team every other month.
- Become a member of YouthLead.org.
- Dedicate two days (16 hours) per month during their one year tenure to YAG activities.
- Choose a specific role on the YAG, providing input and support to the YP2LE team
YP2LE Youth Advisory Group Position Descriptions
Each YAG member will support one of the following areas: research; communications, outreach and advocacy; knowledge sharing; capacity-building; and mentoring. YP2LE is recruiting for the following YAG positions:
- Learning Network: Steering Committee Liaison (1 position)
This role is suitable for a young leader with a demonstrated interest in building learning networks and creating supportive communities or practices for PYD. In this role, you will provide feedback to the YP2LE Learning Network on how to better engage youth members, and share with YAG members updates and solicitations for youth input.
- Communications and Advocacy Lead (2 positions)
This role is ideal for young leaders with a demonstrated interest in communications, branding, marketing, and advocacy. In this role, you will provide strategic support for youth-friendly, youth-inclusive communications, and engagement across YP2LE, and for the YouthLead.org platform and campaigns in particular (such as polling, strategic outreach to the youth network, and campaign development).
- YouthLead Mentoring Program Advisor (1 position)
This role is ideal for a young leader with a demonstrated interest in mentoring. In this role, you will help the YouthLead team develop a concept for a future online mentoring component of YouthLead.org, to include mentoring products, tools, and activities. You will also solicit input on the topic of mentorship from our global youth network through surveys and direct outreach.
- YouthLead Capacity Building Advisor (2 positions)
This role is ideal for young leaders with a demonstrated interest in designing capacity-building activities for young people (learning events, webinars, training opportunities, etc.). In this role, you will help identify topics of priority for our global youth network, collaborate with our team and youth engagement partners to develop and host capacity-building activities, including virtual training for changemakers. Your role will help create new opportunities for YouthLead members to learn, build new skills, and gain awareness about resources and information available through the YouthLead platform
- All YAG members will be paid for their time, which must be documented in a form and format to be provided by YP2LE.
- YAG members will receive quarterly payments for a total of 12 hours per month, to be paid upon the successful completion of their role.
YAG members will report to the YP2LE Senior Youth Engagement Advisor and will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and one year of work experience, OR a High School Diploma and six years of work experience
- Aged 18 – 30 years old as of May 1, 2020
- Are from a low- and middle-income country and/or very well acquainted with low- and middle-income country contexts and youth issues
- Spoken and written proficiency in English
- Demonstrated focus on youth development (for example: youth economic opportunities, entrepreneurship, education, gender, health, peace and conflict resolution, democracy and governance, media, or the arts)
- Are comfortable using technology such as email, WhatsApp, Google Hangout, Zoom, and Adobe Connect
In addition, ideal candidates:
- Have an active membership in and/or leadership of a local, regional, or global youth-led organization and maintain strong connections with other youth organizations and networks
- Take the initiative and solve problems creatively
- Demonstrate they are excellent writers, communicators, and presenters
- Possess an ability to work effectively and respectfully with others from a range of different backgrounds, cultures, and communities toward achieving a common goal
Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: May 11, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link