ARP an annual collaborative and transnational research program that brings together young people and experts from around the world to foster a learning community. The purpose of this community is to help nurture a prepared youth voice for responsible and inclusive development. This preparation is undertaken through collaborative research, inclusive dialogues, robust policy analyses, and seminars on constructive discourses that run across geographies, generations, and disciplines.
- Participants engage with aspiring researchers from around the world.
- Research supervision by doctoral scholars based in the US in co-designing, developing and executing research.
- Undertake democratic deliberations and engage with field experts for intellectual exchange
- Channel youth potential through research, deliberation, engagement, and reflection for in-depth understanding of local and global development issues of relevance.
YCR ARP program is a zero-budget volunteer-driven program, hence the selection of participants is strictly on two grounds:
- Individual value system and its alignment with organizational values
- Educational preparedness & Research Experience
- Individual Researcher profiles will be evaluated on the grounds of their passion for development and their exhibition of humility, societal consideration, respect, and ability to engage with different opinions and thoughts.
- Applicants should at least be in their third year of undergraduate degree with substantial understanding of research and research ethics. While professional research experience is not mandatory, applicants are expected to have engaged in research projects or coursework reflecting their understanding of research processes and its administration. There is no specific preference for discipline.
- Age Limit: 20 to 35 years
The application runs a dual stage process:
- Written Application is to be submitted which has non-essay and essay questions.
Note: Applicants are advised to run through the form and copy question on a word document and prepare responses respecting the word limit. These can then be pasted to submit the form in one go since it cannot be saved.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link