This position is located in the Web Development and Data Visualization Section, Development Data and Outreach Branch (DDOB) of the Statistics Division of DESA. Under the supervision the Chief of the Section the Information Systems Officer is responsible for the further development of integrated economic and social statistical information dissemination and visualization systems.
The Division compiles and disseminate global statistical information, develop standards and norms for statistical activities, and support countries’ efforts to strengthen their national statistical systems. Further information is available on the following website: https://unstats.un.org.
Information Systems Officer will be responsible for a few duties like;
Manages projects involving feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development and implementation of new integrated economic and social statistical data processing systems for the collection, processing, visualization and dissemination of statistical information.
Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for major systems.
Provides specialized advice to users, analyzing users’ requirements and translating these into new applications; determines application systems integration and linkage issues.
Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
Develops and maintains computer programs that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements; ensures appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues.
Organizes and performs unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing.
Develops training materials, operating and user manuals; trains staff in assigned systems.
Develops disaster recovery plans and ensures appropriate planning and training of those responsible.
Researches, analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
Participates in writing reports and feasibility studies and implementation plans in the area of economic and social statistics and data exchange, integration, dissemination and visualization using the Statistical Data and Metadata eXchange standard (SDMX) and other relevant international standards.
Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff, consultants, etc.
- Employee will be provided a handsome salary.
- This will be a great opportunity to earn experience.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area is required.
- Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira.
- For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
- Create an account through the apply link
- Follow all the instructions given.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2023 (5 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link