“A journey from working for an INGO to initiating a local NGO.”
About Calls Over Ridges
In April 2015, an earthquake killed nearly 9,000 people in Nepal and injured 22,000 others. The quake’s epicenter was Gorkha, a mountainous area in central Nepal. Local schools were devastated, depriving thousands of children of learning opportunities.
A group of young people from Taiwan who had volunteered in the region decided to found the Calls Over Ridges organization to bring resources to rebuild schools from the ruins. Focusing on long-term services, Calls Over Ridges paved the way for a robust education system with local governors, communities, schools, and families by initiating education programs and empowering local NGO workers in Nepal.
With a belief in providing every child with a safe environment to learn and grow, Calls Over Ridges aims to build robust education systems for children worldwide.
This is not an ordinary job. This is a career that will transform and empower you to become the next NGO leader. Calls Over Ridges has a well-rounded three-year training plan to equip you with the knowledge and skills for operating an NGO.
- First year – Project Coordinator
You will learn how to design and carry out education projects that meet the needs of the community. You will get first hand experience serving and working with local partners, such as schools, government officials and local NGOs.
- Second year – Program Manager
You will be expanding services to other districts to serve more children. During the expansion, you will learn how to manage stakeholder relationships and finances.
- Third year – NGO Leader
Calls Over Ridges will assist you to become the founder or leader of Calls Over Ridges Philippines. You will learn how to operate an organization, build the organization’s brand and apply for international grants.
They are looking for passionate, determined, and motivated young people with a heart for changing the education environment in their country. You will conduct education programs in this role, coordinate with local NGOs and government officials, and find valuable resources to support the programs.
Their projects will be located in Siargao, therefore staff will need to stay in Siargao for most of the time.
- Project management:
- Conduct surveys for the educational programs, including base-line surveys and post-program evaluation
- Conduct and manage educational programs, including reading programs, lunch programs, school boat projects, and other related activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with local partners and communities
- Coordinate training and workshops invitations, responses, and schedule
- Support Taiwan Office:
- Gather up-to-date information from local partners and report to the Taiwan office
- Gather information for Taiwan Brand Department
- Coordinating meetings and training schedules with local partners and the Taiwan office
- Support logistical and administrative duties, such as expenses reports and monthly report
- Assist with other duties as assigned
30K ~ 45K pesos, depending on qualification and experience
Transportation subsidy, health medical insurance
- Starting Date
The end of January to mid February 2023
- Have at least two years of working experience. Having experience in working with children and families will be a plus but not necessary.
- Align with the Calls Over Ridges mission and vision
- Is passionate about transforming lives of underprivileged children
- Have great people skills to bring people and information together to collaborate on collective goals
- Having experience in managing programs
- Be a self-motivated and independent person who can initiate and implement new ideas
- Be open-minded and can work in a cross-cultural environment
- Able to communicate in English fluently and at least one of the local dialect (Filipino, Cebuano, or Boholano)
- Have a driving license. Having a motor vehicle to drive will be a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and online project management and meeting tools such as Slack, Google, Zoom, etc.
- Application period: 11/14 – 12/23
- First round interview with managers: 12/5 – 12/31
- Second round interview with founders: 12/19 – 1/13/2023
- Announce result: 1/13 – 1/20/2023
- Onboard: the end of January to mid February
To apply, please fill out the application form by December 23rd, 2022.
If you have any questions or want to know more about the job, you can join our online seminar to talk to our team in person!
Registration link: https://forms.gle/3R1HbwUvzrxdNJ3B7
Application Deadline: December 23, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link