ITU is the leading United Nations agency for information and communication technologies, with the mission to connect the world. To achieve this, ITU manages the radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits at the international level, works to improve communication infrastructure in the developing world, and establishes global standards that foster seamless interconnection of a vast range of communication systems.
For the first, ITU is launching Young Professionals Program (ITU YPP): the next generation of Global ICT experts and leaders.
The ITU YPP is a recruitment initiative for the next generation of global ICT experts and leaders to help shape the future of the tech sector – standards, policies, regulations and recommendations.
This programme is a recruitment initiative to help shape the future of the tech sector.
This position may be assigned to the General Secretariat or the different Bureaus covering their different mandates.
The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the Union which deals mainly with ICT-focused development policies, strategies and programmes, as well as technical cooperation activities, to promote digital inclusion and drive digital transformation at community, country and regional levels.
The YPP program aims to bring young experts from underrepresented countries with a focus on developing countries, LDCs, LLDCS and SIDS.
It will be a 2 years rotation program (First year at ITU-HQ and second year possibly in a Regional/Area Office).
Young experts will contribute to bridging the digital divide and leveraging technology for the benefit of society.
YPP emerging talent will work across ITU’s three Sectors and the General Secretariat.
Key programme features:
- Discovering tech: on-the-job learning;
- Professional experience and talent development;
- Research and innovation;
- Mentoring and Learning;
- Global network.
Over the course of this 2-year program, talented and qualified individuals will be exposed to understand technology, regulatory and policy issues and learn how it works in practice.
- Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment (PA) (cost of living allowance).
- Annual salary from $39,401 + post adjustment $33,412.
- Be a National from ITU Member States
- Individuals from developing countries, LDCs, LLDCS and SIDS will be given a priority.
- Be available to cover the 24 months assignment.
- Be maximum 30 years at the time of application.
- Eligible candidates should apply through the organisation’s official web portal. The web portal can be accessed by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below.
Application Deadline: January 4, 2024Application ClosedOfficial link