The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB or IADB) is an international financial institution headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States of America, and serving as the largest source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. Established in 1959, the IDB supports Latin American and Caribbean economic development, social development and regional integration by lending to governments and government agencies, including State corporations.
At the First Pan-American Conference in 1890, the idea of a development institution for Latin America was first suggested during the earliest efforts to create an inter-American system. The IDB became a reality under an initiative proposed by President Juscelino Kubitschek of Brazil. The Bank was formally created on April 8, 1959, when the Organization of American States drafted the Articles of Agreement establishing the Inter-American Development Bank. The IDB has four official languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
The IDB is the largest multilateral source of financing for the Latin America and the Caribbean region. The IDB makes loans to the governments of its borrowing member countries at standard commercial rates of interest, and has preferred creditor status, meaning that borrowers will repay loans to the IDB before repaying other obligations to other lenders such as commercial banks.
About this position:
The Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE) at the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is seeking several Research Fellows (RF) to work at IDB Headquarters in Washington, D.C. OVE is an independent evaluation office that conducts project, program, and corporate evaluations of IDB’s and IDB Invest’s activities and reports directly to these institutions’ Boards.
The Research Fellow program offers selected candidates the opportunity to contribute to OVE’s work program, learn about evaluation, and gain work experience in a multilateral development finance institution for up to three years. The program is open to citizens from IDB member countries who are under 33 years of age as of January 1, 2024 (or 38 years of age for the diversity groups defined in the Bank’s Young Professionals Diversity Program) and have a graduate degree from a recognized university or accredited institution.
- A competitive compensation packages.
- 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
- The IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- The IDB Group cares about the RFs future, depending on the length of the contract, selected applicants will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- They offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for the job RFs and their families when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- They offer learning opportunities to boost the RFs professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
- Access to their Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
- Citizenship: A citizen of one of their 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity: Applicants have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
- Education: Recently completed (within three years or less) a master’s degree or higher in Economics, Finance, Public Policy, Social Policy, or a related field.
- Experience: Applicants must be under 33 years of age by January 1, 2024. (Or 38 years of age for the diversity groups defined in the Bank’s Young Professionals Diversity Program) and possess a minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
- Languages: Proficiency in English. Knowledge of at least one more Bank language (Spanish, Portuguese, or French) would be a plus.
- Eligible candidates should apply through the organisation’s official web portal. The web portal can be accessed by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below.
Application Deadline: December 6, 2023 (3 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link