Excellent opportunity for an Electrical Intern to join Buro Happold’s Los Angeles office for a virtual internship this summer.
At BuroHappold, They’re passionate about great engineering. And always have been. They are a holistic engineering practice, where engineers are more than just human calculators, they’re helpers in shaping solutions, making the world a better place to live in. When it comes to your internship, don’t opt for the obvious. Don’t accept the average. Expect the best and work with the best.
Why shouldn’t your project use high performance, low energy building systems? They at BuroHappold work as part of a global team, balance client’s aspirations with engineering (and often budgetary) constraints, to design high performance, low energy building systems. They use advanced modeling techniques to analyze the building envelope and its floor layouts. Their innovatively designed systems are then integrated into the building fabric, to create functional internal spaces and balanced, controllable conditions.
What would You do?
- You will embrace the latest technologies to improve performance and sustainability. Sustainable design is the top of their corporate agenda.
- Undertake detailed electrical engineering building services design and calculations (using both software and knowledge to verify robust calculations).
- Ensuring service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard – within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Preparation of technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions.
- Plan and manage input to CAD for the production of design work.
As their anchor office on the West Coast, BuroHappold Los Angeles offers innovative integrated engineering services to the city’s world-renowned design community. Since opening in 2006, the Los Angeles team has worked on a number of award-winning projects around the world.
Location:United States, Online
Please visit the official website for more details.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- Coursework in electric power systems design, control systems, and/or building systems design
- Proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link