UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, UNICEF works for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Tertiary students will get the chance to put the skills they have learnt in the classroom to use during this internship. By the end of the programme, students should have had the chance to develop those abilities, have a sense of the workplace, and gain from the wisdom and expertise of a mentor or supervisor. The intern will perform the primary duties and responsibilities listed below while working as an admin/ICT associate under the direction of the ICT Officer.
Main duties and responsibilities: General ADMIN/ICT
ICT Associates at this level perform a full range of procedural activities in support of ICT to ensure effective communications with client departments/divisions/offices and efficient provision of support to other ICT staff.
- Providing first-level support that includes receiving, processing and logging service requests.
- Managing lifecycle of ICT incidents assigned to him/her in service management tool.
- Providing support in conferencing with ICT and audiovisual equipment as and when requested.
- Creating and assigning work orders.
- Maintaining and updating files (electronic and paper) and internal databases.
- Maintaining ICT inventory, manuals and other documentation. This may require the incumbent to lift, move, mount, or store equipment.
- Support the routine ICT activities requiring thorough understanding and application of server, operating system, hardware and software documentation and functionality.
- Installing/upgrading, configuring (routine, standard) and maintaining systems, tools and equipment.
- Assisting in routine operation and monitoring of server systems.
- Providing second-level user support/troubleshooting.
- Extracting data from databases to serve the needs and requests of users, diagnosing errors and correcting as necessary.
- Performing backups of servers following standard backup procedures.
- Assisting in the generation of computer reports.
- Providing on-the-job orientation for users in the use of ICT systems.
- Facilitates the communications and workflow of the organisational unit to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of operations and outputs
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls
- Communicates routine and some non-routine information pertaining to the work of the team
- Establishes and maintains the office filing and reference systems, both traditional and digital; and ensures the inter/intra-net websites are up to date and accurate
- Arranges meetings
- Takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials on the intranet.
- Prepares and maintains agendas on meetings and events related to the work group commitments.
- Provides travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organisation’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organisation obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organisation’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team.
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval
- Uploads electronic files and verifies results to destination system.
- Responds to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- UNICEF provides a monthly stipend to the interns.
- A one-time lump sum, as a contribution towards travel and visa costs, may also be granted when funding is available.
- be enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate, or graduate school, or be a recent graduate
- be proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French or Spanish and fluent in the working language of the office they are applying to
- have strong academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records or, if not available, a reference letter from an academic supervisor
- have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office
- have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to
- are not disqualified under the UNICEF Child Safeguarding Personnel Standards (DHR/STANDARDS/2019/001), or as amended.
- Visit the apply link / click on the “Apply Now” button from the official website
- Fill all the cell with your information as instructed
- Letter of verification from the college or university that the intern is currently enrolled in an undergraduate school and has completed at least two years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of an undergraduate degree (if the candidate is 18 years old, this replaces the two-year bachelor’s completion requirement); or, Graduate Degree Program (i.e., Master’s, PhD). It should also state the expected graduation date. Recent graduates are allowed until 2 years after degree completion.
- Copy of their most recent official transcript showing excellent academic performance
- Copy of Identification Card (ID)
- One letter of signed recommendation on letterhead or from professional email address
Application Deadline: September 23, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link