Apply for the UNDP SDG Communications Internship 2018 in Germany.
In September 2015, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted by UN Member States. Central to the Agenda is the set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which define a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity to be undertaken by all countries until the year 2030.
The UN SDG Action Campaign is a special initiative of the UN Secretary-General that aims to inspire, connect and mobilize everyone to join the global movement to take action for the SDGs. The Campaign brings together the UN, national and local governments, youth groups, civil-society organizations, the media, and the private sector through calls to action and creative platforms to scale-up, broaden and sustain the global movement of SDG change makers. Based in Bonn, Germany, the UN SDG Action Campaign leads global engagement opportunities and initiatives including: the Global Day to Act4SDGs on 25 September, the Global Festival for Action for Sustainable Development, held annually in Bonn, the MY World survey to capture citizen views on the SDGs, the UN SDG Action Awards, and the SDG Action network.
The UN SDG Action campaign is seeking to engage 1-2 creative, passionate storytellers, social media champions, or multi-media creators to be part of the communications team supporting everyone to communicate on the SDGs.
Duties and responsibilities of selected interns:
- Ongoing editorial support to the UN SDG Action Campaign outreach activities and through its social media platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Support in the design and production of multi-media materials for digital use.
- Support the curation of SDG Actio stories, video and photo series
- Support the development of communication products, media packages,
- Lead the development of the campaign newsletter
- Support the development of coordinated media outreach efforts to increase the awareness of the UN SDG Action Campaign activities
- Support effective internal communications regarding progress and developments of the Campaign
Featured Image: sdgactioncampaign.org
- Working exprience with UNDP
- Getting attached with the UN, national and local governments, youth groups, civil-society organizations, the media, and the private sector
- Must be currently enrolled in Master’s degree (Master’s or equivalent) in international relations, new media, communications or related disciplines or within one year of graduation
- Academic or professional experience in areas relevant to the SDGs
- Demonstrated experience in communications, events and knowledge management
- Must be European citizen or resident in Germany
- Strong writing and clear communications skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently on projects
- Social media, video, graphic design and/or data visualization skills are an asset
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 17, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link