UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The United Nations Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) is a partnership between the United Nations, Member States, and the civil society, which supports women led and women’s rights organizations working to build peace and provide humanitarian response throughout the world. Since the end of 2016, the WPHF has supported over 1150 civil society organizations and is present in 44 countries. UN Women hosts the Secretariat of the United Nations Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund. The WPHF Secretariat provides support to the Funding Board, mobilizes resources from Governments, companies, foundations and individuals, designs funding windows and mechanisms, provides day to day support to Country Offices implementing WPHF programmes, ensures timely and quality monitoring and reporting. The Secretariat’s mandate is also to strengthen stakeholders’ knowledge of and engagement with women, peace and security issues through proper internal and external communications, advocacy and outreach. Finally, the Secretariat provides knowledge management services for the WPHF, and manages the Community of Practice (CoP) for WPHF partners and grantees.
The Partnerships and Public Advocacy intern will support the Communications and Partnerships teams, under the is supervision of the WPHF Communications and Advocacy specialist, to organize a variety of outreach and advocacy initiatives and events, conducting research, and drafting reports on WPS-HA and related issues. The selected candidate will also assist the partnerships team in cross-cutting issues related to policy and external relations. Working in close collaboration with the Social Media and Content Management and Coordination Consultants, the intern will support regular social media outreach and engagement to amplify the work of WPHF and its partners, drafting regular messaging and language for the Secretariat’s social media platforms and exploring opportunities to tap into relevant ongoing conversations, initiatives, and campaigns.
- Interns who are not in receipt of financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UN Women to partially subsidize their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: International relations, gender studies, social and/or political science, international development, human rights, international law or other relevant subjects is required.
Meet one of the following:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within two-years period of graduation; or
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Eligible Regions: Open for all.
- All applicants must submit a completed and signed P.11 form with their application.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2024Application ClosedOfficial link