The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) offers a five-month traineeship to a limited number of university graduates: The two sessions are:
- Spring Session: from 16 February to 15 July
- Autumn Session: from 16 September to 15 February
Each trainee is assigned to a specific department of the CoR. The nature of the work depends largely on the unit. Some units are more politically oriented, others are more administrative. The aim of the traineeship within the CoR is:
- to provide a unique, first-hand experience of the workings of the CoR in particular, and of the EU institutions in general
- to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of the Committee’s departments
- to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- to put into practice knowledge acquired during studies, particularly in your areas of competence
CoR-trainees are entitled to a monthly grant. The amount of the grant is equivalent to 25% of the salary of AD*5 officials (step 1) at the start of the traineeship for the full 5-month period.
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union or of a State which is an official candidate for accession;
- have completed at least the first cycle of a higher education course and obtained a full degree by the closing date for applications
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU-working language (French or English)
Applications are exclusively submitted online via an internet application form in English, French or German.
Before you start filling in the form, please make sure that you have all the required information.
- There are mandatory and optional fields to complete. It is impossible for you to submit your application unless you complete all the mandatory fields. The other fields are optional, and are intended to help the Traineeships Office to establish a more detailed profile of you.
- Please check that all the information you provide is correct. Also check your form thoroughly before submitting it.
- You can return to your application form and make changes at any time before the submission deadline. After this date, no changes are allowed.
- Once your application is submitted electronically, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail. With this e-mail you will receive a personal access code. This allows you to check your status during the selection process. No correspondence is carried out regarding individual entries and the Traineeships Office does not provide feedback on evaluation or progress of applications.
- Any false statement or omission in the application form, even if unintentional, may lead to rejection of the application or cancellation of a traineeship.