CorpsAfrica provides Africans the opportunity to serve as Volunteers for ten months in rural, underserved communities in their own countries to facilitate small-scale, high-impact projects identified by local people and funded by partners from Africa and around the world.
CorpsAfrica Volunteers undergo one month of Pre-Service Training and then serve for ten months in a community chosen for its perceived need, existence of local partners and essential infrastructure, location, and other criteria. The Volunteer dedicates his/her time to living and working with local people to identify an area of concern for the community, co-create and design solutions to address the concern, implement the solutions with local partners, and monitor and evaluate the results. To achieve this, CorpsAfrica Volunteers receive professional training before and during their service, support from CorpsAfrica staff (both nationally and internationally), a modest living allowance, health insurance, and a readjustment allowance upon successful completion of the program. Volunteers are required to submit reports and make presentations regularly.
- Expert pre-service and in-service training facilitated by development and management professionals
- A living allowance adequate to support the Volunteer in his/her site
- Health insurance
- Travel funds for official CorpsAfrica business
- An end-of-service readjustment allowance
- Certificate of completion
- After completing service, option to apply to serve a second year in a different country and admission to the CorpsAfrica Alumni Association
- A life-changing experience which will serve you well throughout your personal and professional life
Essential Requirements for Applying to be a CorpsAfrica Volunteer
- You must be a citizen of the country to which you are applying
- 21 years of age or older at the time of the start of your service
- A university degree or equivalent professional experience
- Willing and able, physically and emotionally, to serve as a Volunteer for the entirety of the service year in rural, often times, remote communities
- Understand that volunteerism is an altruistic act, where one offers their time, skills, and resources without expectation of financial gain
- Complete the following application, including all required fields
- Upload required documents
The deadline for applications is 23:59 on Sunday, April 30, 2023. Pre-Service Training is expected to begin on or around August 6, 2023.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023 (36 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link