Apex Clean Energy recognizes and respects the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this Remote/Virtual Internship which is an open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt-in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are their sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, they will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
Founded in 2009, Apex Clean Energy is an independent renewable energy company focused on bringing utility-scale generation facilities to market, from site origination and financing to turnkey construction and long-term asset management. Apex is constructing one of the nation’s largest, most diversified portfolios of renewable energy resources, having financed over 5 GW of renewable energy with over 1.7 GW under direct management.
The New Markets team provides market intelligence that drives Apex’s greenfield process and overall strategy. In this role, you’ll support the analysis of information that helps evaluate, rank and select the state and regional markets that they develop in. You might spend the summer working to understand an emerging driver of value for renewable power projects, diving into a regional market to assess its attractiveness for development or distilling macroeconomic developments down to their project-level.
Responsibilities as an Intern
- Evaluating U.S. power markets and aiding in the development of market strategies
- Analyzing, quantifying, and visualizing drivers of demand for renewable power
- Synthesizing economic, commodity, financial, regulatory, and other data from a wide variety of sources
- Performing other duties and investigations as assigned
- Company Paid Parking
- $20 an hour
- MBA or a graduate degree candidate in a related field (e.g. finance, energy, economics, environmental science) with an outstanding academic record
- Detailed knowledge or experience with at least one of the U.S. RTOs (e.g., ERCOT, MISO, PJM, etc.) and their structure
- Demonstrable alignment with Apexs core values of sustainability, safety, entrepreneurship, integrity, and professionalism
- Strong cross-functional (quantitative and qualitative) analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work remotely (virtual internship)
- Experience with Bloomberg Terminal, S&P Market Intelligence/CAPIQ, IHS Markit, Wood Mackenzie, or similar data providers is a plus.
Apply online through the given link.
Please note that the official organizers have not specified the deadline for this opportunity. Thus, we recommend our users to apply as soon as possible. If you are unsure, please communicate with the official organizers before applying.
Apply nowOfficial link