The UN Women Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (ECARO) was established in Istanbul, Turkey, at the beginning of 2014 as a part of the UN Women’s new regional architecture. The UN Women ECARO leads and supports the field offices in cultivating, building and nurturing strategic relationships and alliances that are essential for advancing and successfully achieving the mission of UN Women through partnership development and resource mobilization.
To support the work in the areas of partnerships and resource mobilization, the ECA Regional Office is currently seeking an intern.Aspiring candidates are encouraged to apply through the given link.
- Develop respect for diversity
- Develop Integrity
- Develop expertise in professionalism
- Interns will develop good working knowledge of the resource mobilization function of UN Women.
- Interns will have a clear understanding of the relationship building with partners and clients.
- Gain a better understanding of the complex functions and dynamics of an international organization working in the development sector.
- The intern must have studies in political science, public administration, international development/relations, gender studies, economic studies, social sciences or other similar subject at the university level.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.Other skills:
- The applicants must have strong computer skills with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point are required.
- Basic experience in coordinating and/or organizing events and/or trainings is required.
- Creative Problem Solving.
- Candidates must have excellent research, writing and organizational skills.
- Language skills:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required; Working knowledge of another UN language a distinct advantage.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply online the provided link along with a uploaded resume.
- UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
- Selected applicants must provide the internship application, two letters of recommendation, proof of health insurance and school enrollment, passport, and visa (if applicable).
Application Deadline: April 25, 2018 (6 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link