WIPO is the global forum for intellectual property services, policy, information and cooperation. It is currently accepting applications for Internship which supports WIPO’s mission to promote innovation and creativity for the economic, social and cultural development of all countries through a balanced and effective international intellectual property system, enabling interns to learn about the core values and initiatives of WIPO.
The WIPO Internship Program provides an opportunity for interns to complement their educational experience and to develop their professional skills and experience through participation in work in an international context. WIPO also benefits from the contributions of interns, who bring fresh perspectives and knowledge of the latest research in their specialist fields.
WIPO offers internships in the following fields:
- Law / IP Law
- Economics / Statistics
- Information Technology
- Technical Cooperation Services
- Project AdministrationAdministration (Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Program planning)
- Patent/Trademark examination
- Other areas (Communications / Conference Services/Security…)
A monthly stipend of 500-2,000 Swiss francs.
- Completed first-level university degree or higher.
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for an internship no more than two years after completion of their most recent university degree or postgraduate studies.
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant IT programs/applications).
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- For most internships, excellent drafting skills in English are required.
- Knowledge of any of the following WIPO working languages would be an advantage: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Carefully read through the information on this page and consult the Internship Roster advertisement in the online recruitment system.
- Create a profile in our online recruitment system. You only need to do this once and it can be re-used for future applications.
- Once you’ve created your profile, you can submit your application through the Internship Roster, where it will be automatically saved for a period of one year. Make sure to indicate your preferred area of work.
Application Deadline: September 16, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link