The College is seeking a graphic design intern to assist in the development of materials to support corporate communication activities of the College. The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) with its headquarters in Turin, Italy, is the United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning and training for the staff of the United Nations system.
Duties will include – but are not restricted to:
- Designing clear engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include logos, direct mail pieces, branded promotional items, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed
- Working closely with senior colleagues to translate their concepts into marketing materials
- Performs other related tasks requested by supervisor, as appropriate.
- Remuneration: € 450 per month
- Interns are responsible for making travel and accommodation arrangements and for obtaining the necessary visa for entering Italy.
To qualify for an internship with the Staff College, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme.
- The University degree must be in the area of: Communications, Graphic Design and/or Multimedia Arts, Visual Communications, or in a related field.
Previous work experience is not required, however, knowledge and competence in the following is required:
- Proficient in main graphic design and photo editing software (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop);
- Knowledge of designing for print and digital media, including web design;
- Familiarity with main social media platforms.
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: [email protected]
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 002”
Application Deadline: March 26, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link