Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has been appointed to implement a master’s degree and internship program within the ABE initiative framework developed for countries whose official requests have been approved by the Government of Japan.
The objective of the ABE Initiative Master’s Degree and Internship Program is to support young personnel who can be a “Navigator” for contributing to the development of industries in Africa.
- This program offers opportunities for young African men and women to study at master’s courses at Japanese universities as international students
- Experience internships at Japanese companies
- Helps them to develop effective skills in order for them to contribute to various fields
- This program also intends to cultivate excellent personnel who can recognize and understand the contexts of Japanese society and systems of Japanese companies
- The expected outcome of the program is a network of potential contributors to the development of African industries who will also lead Japanese businesses to engage further in economic activities in Africa
- Citizens of one of the 54 African countries
- Between 22 and 39 years old (as of April 1st in the year of your arrival in Japan)
- Bachelor’s degree (equivalent to at least 16 years of academic background)
- Applicants for the category of “Government Officials” and “Educators” are required:
– to have more than 6 months working experience at their current organizations, and
– to obtain permission for application and securing reinstatement from their current organizations.
- Have adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the master’s course
- Clearly understand the objectives of this program, and to have a strong will to contribute to the industrial development of their home countries as well as to strengthen the linkage between their countries and Japan after returning home
- Applicants must:
– be in good health condition to complete the program,
– not receive or plan to receive a scholarship offered by other foreign organizations, and
– attend the activities on the weekends in unavoidable circumstances (ex. official exam).