The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity.
IDLO internship programs are designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship between IDLO and university students, young graduates, post-graduate students, or persons similarly situated (collectively referred to as Interns). IDLO offers interns an exceptional learning experience in an international organization and increases their awareness and knowledge of legal issues in the development arena. Internships also benefit IDLO by allowing participants to contribute their skills and competencies to the realization of IDLO’s strategic goals and mission. Interns are fully involved in the work program of the Unit or Department that has selected them to carry out assignments relevant to their studies and experiences under the supervision of IDLO staff. .
Reporting to the Director Programs or Director of Global Initiatives and working under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Development Advisor, the Intern will provide support to Program Development Officers in The Hague office.
IDLO provides all full time interns with a monthly stipend of €600. Internships are offered for 3 months and are renewable up to a maximum of 6 months. Full-time placements (5 days a week) are strongly preferred. Applicants available for less than 3 days a week will not be considered.
Minimum of a university degree in: law, business development, international studies, social
science or a related field.
- Legal, economic and political contextual research experience would be an advantage;
- Previous professional experience in the area of law and development, international human
- rights law, international criminal law, and/or sustainable development issues is highly
- Experience working within an international setting (UN, IGO, international NGO) is desirable;
- Proven expertise in quality report drafting is desirable.
- English (other major language competency desirable – French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian)
- Excellent English drafting skills
- Excellent empirical research skills
- Competency in office software including excel
- Demonstrated strong time-management skills and excellent ability to adhere to tight
- Demonstrated strong inter-personal skills and ability to work harmoniously with various
teams on short notice;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Ability to accept delegation of duties
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via website and submit the completed IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link