The ASEAN Foundation seeks an intern to support the communication function of the organisation, led by the Communication Manager. This is an Online Internship opportunity.
To support all of ASEAN Foundation initiatives, an innovative and passionate communication interns are needed. As young people in ASEAN are one of the main target audience of the ASEAN Foundation, we will need a communication intern who understands the young generation’s insights and speaks their language. The well-executed communications strategy of the ASEAN Foundation is essential to ensure high visibility of the initiatives as well as to convey its success stories better to various stakeholders and broader audiences.
ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN.
Throughout 2020 for a period of 8 – 24 weeks.
The online internship is voluntary and unpaid.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
- Write, produce and disseminate ASEAN Foundation (AF) success stories to all AF social media platforms
- Update the media database (printed, online, television and radio) across ASEAN.
- Develop ideas to engage AF social media followers via interactive games and quizzes.
- Update photo documentation database of AF initiatives.
- Undertake other tasks and activities as requested
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The intern is expected to support the smooth running of the organisation’s communication functions.
- The internship is voluntary and unpaid.
- The internship provides an opportunity for the intern to gain experience working in an ASEAN body and provide the intern with the opportunity to learn about ASEAN affairs – the work of the ASEAN Foundation to support the ASEAN community-building process.
- The intern can gain knowledge about the work environment and work ethics as well as skills in planning, management, coordination and administration skills.
- Undergraduate study in any major
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience working collaboratively in campus/faculty and volunteering organization
- Good analytical skills and have basic knowledge and understanding about ASEAN (socio-economic, people, culture, innovation & technology)
- Basic skills in video editing, event management, and coordination would be a plus
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Send your application form, portfolio, motivational letter, recent CV, and the university’s letter of recommendation to [email protected].
- Please use “Communication Intern – Your Name” as the subject.
- The form can be found on the Apply Now link.
Please note that the official organizers have not specified the deadline for this opportunity. Thus, we recommend our users to apply as soon as possible. If you are unsure, please communicate with the official organizers before applying.
Apply nowOfficial link