Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2024 is an initiative of Canada to empower and educate international students by teaching them Canadian Research Methods and techniques. The Globalink Research internship in Canada for international students offers a 12-week research program to interns under the supervision of Canadian University professors or facility members in numerous disciplines. The interns can continue their summer internships in science, engineering, maths, humanities, and social sciences. The fully-funded international internship also has many interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects which means that the students can search for the project in specific as well as general categories.
The fully-funded internship for students is available in almost 70 universities all over Canada. There are many academic partners from around the world who also part in the research projects. The top internship in Canada provides the ideas and techniques of the academic partners too while completing their internship projects in a Canadian university. The academic partners include Universities Australia, Brazil’s Araucaria Foundation, The China Scholarship Council, Columbia’s Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation, Fulbright Canada, and Universities UK International, etc. These international partners support the Globalink internship program.
The best internship program in Canada provides students from different universities a platform to work together on a project. The students have life-changing opportunities from this international paid internship because they come in contact with others from different countries and institutes. Through this Collaborative internship, they become able to build a global network of Mitacs Globalink alumni network and cooperate for a better future. For example, a Harvard student has worked with Queen’s University lab to design an instrument for rapid screening of pathogens that cause Lyme disease. Similarly, researchers from the University of Alberta and Yukon University are working with mining companies in order to bring vegetation back to Yukon mines.
The Global Research Internship for international students is a highly competitive initiative to attract talented researchers from Mitacs partners in Canada. The main objective and purpose of the internship are to build a bridge between Canada and emerging global research talent. Mitacs also provides opportunities for the internees to attend industry events, government events, and professional development courses during their stay in Canada. This helps the interns expand their knowledge and skills by fully experiencing the benefits of the Mitacs Globalink Canada internship program. Furthermore, studies show that 95% of the internees speak positively about the impacts of this internship. Also. the alumni of this internship who wish to return to Canada for further studies become able for the Globalink Graduate Fellowship as well.
- The internees will get a chance to do their research with Canadian professors and universities.
- The internees will get a stipend for student enrollment fees that will be up to a maximum of $300.
- Round-trip airfare to Canada will be given.
- The interns will be provided with transportation from the airport in Canada to their place of accommodation.
- Students will be given a stipend for housing.
- Health insurance will be covered.
- The interns will get free registration for industry events and professional development courses.
- A Globalink Research Completion Certificate will be provided.
- The applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or undergraduate/master’s student from an eligible institution.
- The applicant must be from an eligible country. Such as Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must have one or three remaining semesters as of Fall 2023.
- The applicant must be available for a 12-week internship in Canada.
- The applicants have to apply online through the Global Student platform.
- If the applicant’s program is not clearly mentioned in the list, he/she must search with multiple keywords in different disciplines. The applicant can search in both general and specific categories. If the university is still not appearing then contact [email protected]
- You must apply for a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects in at least three Canadian provinces.
- There is no submit button, you must have completed your application carefully, at the date of clothing.
- It is recommended to complete the application at least two working days before the deadline.
- The applicant’s reference letter must be from his/her professor who is currently supervising him/her in the home country.
- Do not forget to save your application before leaving the application page.
Application Deadline: September 21, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link