The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) New York office is looking for young student leaders with experience in project management, marketing, campaigns, community mobilization, stakeholder engagement or event coordination to join its youth program (SDSN Youth) as interns. The availabilities are:
- 4 paid internships (communications, networks, operations, events)
- 3 months duration (with possibility of extension for upto 12 months)
- 15-20 hours per week (with possibility of extension)
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) was launched by the former UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon in 2012 with a mandate to mobilize scientific and technological expertise to solve the world’s most challenging problems and create a more sustainable society by 2030.
SDSN Youth educates young people about the challenges of sustainable development and creates opportunities for them to use their creativity and knowledge to pioneer innovative solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Making an Impact
- Working SDSN enables you to be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governments, companies and civil society in developing and leading a global movement for sustainable development and enables to make an impact.
- We engage closely with a range of stakeholders, including some of the world’s most influential leaders from business, academics, government and civil society, forming partnerships to educate, connect and mobilize individuals and groups to achieve the SDGs.
- Through our core programs, including the Local Pathways Fellowship, Youth Solutions, Global Schools and SDG Student Program, we are creating a movement of young people from around the world, who are committed to sustainable development and are being equipped with the necessary skills and tools to overcome key challenges and meaningfully contribute to the achievement of SDGs in their communities.
Aspirations and networks
- SDSN enables you to build professional and personal relationships with high-level stakeholders in civil society, business, government and the United Nations.
- This includes the SDSN Youth team which consists of more than 140 young people (staff and volunteers) from more than 30 different countries, including students from Harvard, Oxford, LSE, Science Po, Monash and Columbia universities, and professionals working in agencies and organisation such as UNICEF, UNEP, UNDP, UN-Habitat, etc.
- By joining one of our teams, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- The relationships you develop through SDSN could serve as a foundation for your future endeavors.
Pathways to leadership
- Attend high level domestic and international meetings and conferences and network with some of the most prominent figures in the SDG space.
- Supported by our global team of experts across a range of areas, you will progress rapidly in a challenging but flexible, fulfilling and meaningful environment.
- Your experiences will become central to our network’s efforts and legacy in implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Working with SDSN will enable you to have a real impact while navigating through complex scenarios and overcoming difficult hurdles, preparing you for challenges of leadership
- Candidate must have some knowledge of sustainable development and be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Candidate must possess an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Candidate must have experience working with various communications and management software, such as Google Suite, Excel, Trello, Dropbox, whatsApp, Facebook, etc, and be able to adapt to new tools, including Trello, Podio, Squarespace, Breezy, Northpass, Bamboo HR, Mighty Networks,etc.
- Candidate must be aged between 21-30 in order to be eligible for this role.
- Candidate must be willing to travel occasionally (domestically and internationally) and sometimes attend after-hours conference calls.
*Other criteria is based on specific internship role applied forEligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: April 10, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link