The intern reports to the Regional Communications Adviser at the UNFPA Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECARO), and interact closely with the wider communications, resource mobilization and partnerships team, and other EECARO colleagues.
The UNFPA Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
Interns do not receive a salary or any other form of remuneration from UNFPA. The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students, or by the students themselves, who will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements. In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins.
- Currently enrolled in or having completed a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Communications, Journalism, or other related fields;
- Demonstrable experience in social media communications;
- Prior experience in the social development sector, including non-government organizations, government development agencies, and UN agencies (at global, regional or national level), either via assignments or other internships, is an asset
- Strong communication skills: excellent listening skills and empathy, ability to write clearly and concisely Spoken proficiency as well as excellent writing skills in English are mandatory;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure within an international setting;
- Ability to adapt to new environments and to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative tasks. Passion, Integrity and Energy!