The UNDP Cambodia Country Office is now offering internship opportunities for national and international students from various disciplines. Students are welcomed to apply and, if qualified, will be selected for the internship. Through the Internship Programme, the successfully selected applicants will have an opportunity to work in a multi-cultural and UN standard working environment either relating to the organization’s key priorities or operations.
- Areas of internship include:
- Policy and Advocacy (support to policy research)
- Operations (Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Information Communication Technology – ICT)
- Programme and Result
- Duties and Responsibilities: The main duties that the intern will be expected to carry out are:
- Conducting research;
- Assisting in the preparation of various documentation and reports;
- Assisting in the cataloging of information;
- Assisting in the organization of conferences, forums or other collaborative events;
- Contributing in the development of communication and knowledge product and visibility promotion.
Internship assignments vary in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UNDP Cambodia. However, they will normally last no less than six weeks and no longer than six months.
Internship assignments are available on a part-time or full-time basis throughout the year, depending on the availability of meaningful assignments and the needs and capacity of the office to receive and mentor interns.
- Internships will allow the successful candidates to have the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural international organization.
- Please check the official website for detail benefits.
- Candidates enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (second university degree or higher); or
- Candidates enrolled in the third year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Candidates who have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (1) and (2) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Proficiency in English required. Fluency in Khmer or in French is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and –have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
- Interested applicant is invited to submit the following documents to this website:
- UNDP internship application form
- a copy of his/her most recent resume or curriculum vitae;
- a letter from his/her university confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- a letter of endorsement from a senior faculty member who has directly supervised the student in the recent past and who is fully acquainted with the student’s performance; and
- a brief paper setting out the reasons why he/she is seeking an internship with UNDP and what is expected from the experience.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- a duly completed UNDP internship application form;
- a copy of her/his most recent resume or curriculum vitae;
- a letter from her/his university confirming current enrollment and graduation date or -a copy of university degree if graduated;
- university transcript;
- a copy of passport for international intern or national identity card for national intern;
- a signed UNDP internship agreement;
- a medical certificate of good health;
- a proof of medical insurance for the duration of the contract valid for Cambodia
Application Deadline: December 31, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link