The Great Minds initiative is a competition for 3 to 6-month internships at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Nairobi, or Johannesburg for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It provides students with the unique opportunity to work alongside world-class scientists in the leading industrial IT research organization.
The internships will take place in 2020. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff.
IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya, or South Africa, respectively. IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
IBM Research has been conducting the Great Minds internships for more than a decade. This program also benefits Universities when the Great Minds winners bring back a valuable understanding of real industry problems, knowledge of advanced IBM technologies, and contacts throughout IBM Research.
- The winners gain insights into real industry challenges and get hands-on experience that should be valuable to their university and faculty. They bring back knowledge of IBM’s advanced technologies as well as contacts throughout IBM Research.
- IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya, or South Africa, respectively.
- IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
- For more information please visit the official website.
- The program is open to any full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program in any of the following subjects at a recognized university in central or eastern Europe, the Middle East or Africa:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Machine Learning
- Life Sciences
- Software Engineering
- Service Science
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
- IBM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from both genders as well as minority groups.
- IBM would especially like to encourage qualified women to participate in this competition.
- Please fill in the form below and submit your CV and letter of recommendation (in English, preferably (PDF format) by 30 November 2019.
- The winners will start their internships in 2020 on a mutually agreed date. Please don’t forget to select possible dates and duration (3–6 months) for your internship.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link