Applications for Digital Nation Africa Internship are now being accepted by IBM. It is a part-time internship.
IBM Digital-Nation Africa is a cloud-based learning and innovation platform, providing digital competency and nurturing innovation. IBM Digital-Nation Africa curriculum content is designed for the following audiences:
- Explorer: People keen on learning about the new emerging technologies
- Innovator: Designed to help accelerate innovation and enable would-be innovators to bring their ideas to life
- New Collar: For those who want to align their skills to the requirements of the job market and seek better employment opportunities
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
Responsibilities of the Interns:
IBM Digital-Nation Africa interns will be required to promote the program to youth in Kenya & other East African in universities, communities, colleges, and schools. The interns will also be required to present IBM Digital-Nation Africa to a large number of audiences with ease and confidence, be enthusiastic and outgoing.
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things previously thought impossible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per their employment equity strategies.
This is expected to be a part-time internship with few possibilities of travel during the internship period. Students are recommended to apply for this opportunity as this is a part-time internship. The official region of the internship is South Sudan. However, the interns can be placed in various states around the country according to the contract. There are no preferred educational requirements for the opportunity.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. They believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy, and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason, and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, they are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Incredible and diverse career and development opportunities.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Individuals who are familiar with D-NA (Digital Nation Africa). Have digital badges from D-NA. www.digitalnationafrica.com
- Individuals with a demonstrable interest in technology, technically competent
- Enthusiastic, with lots of energy, willing to travel within and outside the country
- Working odd hours
- Familiar with and active on social media
- Can express themselves confidently in writing and verbally in both Kiswahili, English and can have a conversation in Sheng if required.
- Willing to bring creative ideas to promote D-NA usage.
- Uphold IBM values.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link