At HCVT, they are different. They are a team driven by their values—Integrity at their Core, Building Success Together, and a Passion for Excellence. Their focus and commitment are on the needs of clients and the team. Clarifying and resolving complex issues is what we do. How we do it is what sets them apart from other CPA firms.
As part of the HCVT team, you will work in a fast-paced environment. Their culture is all about collaboration, teamwork, giving back to our communities, and partner access and accountability. They also believe that there is no one way to progress in your career. They are flexible and embrace diversity. They provide their team members with the right tools to be successful with a continual focus on technical training, as well as other skills necessary to thrive in the world of public accounting.
HCVT’s Valuation Advisory Services team provides valuation opinions for a variety of purposes, including tax compliance, financial (GAAP) reporting, transaction opinions, and buy-sell agreements. In addition, their advisory services assist clients in the M&A process, including evaluating and/or preparing offers, negotiating the financial aspects of a term sheet, and evaluating potential synergies. They combine their accounting and finance acumen with sophisticated valuation methodologies and analyses.
As an Intern in the Valuation Advisory Services group, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in developing an automated valuation model (e.g. Zillow value) using financial data, statistical techniques, and other publicly-available non-financial data
- Work collaboratively with junior and senior members of the team to develop a next-generation valuation model
- Work with our data analytics team to streamline and/or automate importing client data
- Create linkages between excel models and PowerPoint-based reports using 3rd party software tools
- Assist in the completion of valuation engagements and client deliverables (including company research, analyses, written reports, etc.)
- Collect and analyze M&A data for research articles/whitepapers
- Develop strong relationships with firm professionals
- Participate in firm training and activities
- Work with your buddy and performance manager on the professional development of both technical and soft skills
Please visit the official website.
- On track to complete a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in finance, engineering or accounting by July 2021; minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Competency in programming and statistics
- Understanding of corporate finance and theory
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong technical aptitude and demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit leadership skills that demonstrate strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Able to learn in a fast-paced environment and receptive to feedback and coaching
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and take initiative on projects
- High attention to detail
- A positive attitude and is a team player mentality with a can-do spirit
- Submit an application available on the Apply Now link.
- Required documents – Resume, Unofficial Transcripts, Cover Letter
*Note – HCVT is unable to sponsor the work authorization of candidates.
Please note that the official organizers have not specified the deadline for this opportunity. Thus, we recommend our users to apply as soon as possible. If you are unsure, please communicate with the official organizers before applying.
Apply nowOfficial link