The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Unit of Information Technology and Management (ITM) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. This Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. They are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and they expect their interns to become vital members of the team. As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP/ITM Green Energy Support internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. They bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context. Furthermore, during the internship you will have the opportunity to obtain an official certification in project management in controlled environment. Being a part of this dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; their office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP ITM unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential projects on the several procurement websites of the UN system (e.g. Procurement website); identify HQ initiatives and programs related to greening the UN and partners (e.g. Moonshot program); compile application documentations and make sure that ITM meets requirements and deadlines.
- Improve templates/working documents/tools used (e.g. Business Case) for effective decision-making and working processes.
- Support in the finalization stage of the project (Step 6) to develop a narrative/storytelling on the implemented project (i.e. writing articles, interview stakeholders) to promote Green Energy projects. Be responsible for organization of internal webinars; increase Green Energy brand recognition around the UN system (‘’Smart Facilities’’): video editing, articles, visuals.
- Giving presentations about Green Energy products and services.
- Analyze data (e.g. electricity consumption data) in order to formulate recommendations to the Green Energy team, including working with Service Now, ERP. Support the focal point for quarterly budget review.
- Develop Procurement Strategy: reach out question to customers and customer satisfaction survey. Coordinate Performance bi-Annual Review with key vendors; prepare slides and graphs with key takeaways; collect feedback from the vendors and make vendors. Be the focal point with Procurement Unit (PSU).
- Standardize the Green Energy Service catalog to guarantee professional overview of each services we provide, and continuous improvement. Align the catalog with ISO9001 standards. Design a catalog of the services including costs and service description.
- Write knowledge management articles for UNall.
- Develop and maintain external relationships for innovation and business expansion.
- Manage internal communications between GET and other ITM teams.
- Work directly with green energy engineers, translating technical knowledge into easy-to-understand material.
- Data reconciliation and cost recovery.
Please visit the official website for more details.
You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your bachelor’s degree; or You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- You have graduated no longer than 1 year to the deadline of the application from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of Business Development/Marketing/Communication/Sustainability
- Technical knowledge of Adobe Suite is a strong advantage;
- Knowledge or experience with specific Office 365 tools (or their consumer equivalents) such as Planner (Trello), Teams (Slack), Yammer (Workplace by Facebook), OneDrive (Dropbox, Google Drive), Power BI (Tableau), etc. is a strong advantage;
- SharePoint knowledge, preferably SharePoint Online is an advantage;
- Working with gathering, consolidating and analyzing either quantitative and qualitative data from databases and reports is an advantage;
- Demonstrated professional or academic experience in any of the UNDP Member States is an advantage;
- Fluent in written and spoken English is mandatory. Knowledge of French and other UN languages is an advantage.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.Eligible Regions: Open for all.
Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: October 17, 2022 (22 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link