From the aspect of Japanese companies’ promoting overseas business expansion and creating innovation from a new point of view, utilizing highly-skilled foreign professionals is considered to contribute to strengthening the competitiveness of Japanese companies.
Although the number of Japanese companies planning to hire global talent has increased in recent years, it has not been sufficiently achieved, especially in Small and Medium-Sized companies, due to their short experience of working with the global talent and lack of networks.
Therefore, “METI Japan Internship Program” will facilitate strengthening the structure for tackling overseas development of Japanese (Small and Medium-Sized) companies through accepting foreign university students and global talent. This year, in view of the new coronavirus, online internships are going to be conducted(telework-type internships) that do not involve traffic of the people and aim to achieve the following results.
Main responsibilities of interns-
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) discussing with the Internship manager
- Participating in pre-training, Kickoff training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation.
- Engaging in internship during the designated period.
- Strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- Taking responsibility for their own safety and health thoroughly. Contact with the Program Office and the host company regularly, continually reporting or consulting with them.
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the program office (document, notification, and report) not only during internship period but also before and after the internship.
- Appropriate behavior required as a recipient of public funds from Japanese government.
Place where interns do the internship-
- A course：Satellite Office designated by the Program Office（12 locations in 6 countries）
- B course：Work from home.
- Host companies are determined after matching by the Program Office and subsequently approved by the Screening Committee.
【The location of Satellite Office】
- Vietnam（HCMC/Hanoi/Da Nang）
- Malaysia（Kuala Lumpur）
- India（Delhi/ Gurgaon/Chennai/Bangalore）
- Indonesia( Jakarta, Bandung)
- Cambodia (Phnom Penh)
Application Period varies for different types of internships-
- A course: Mid-May to Late June 2021 (Physical Participation)
- B course : Mid-May to late August 2021 (Telework)
Internship period (To be arranged)-
- A course : 10th August to 8th October 2021
- B course : 25th October to 22nd December 2021
[Approximately 35 days of activity in both the A course and B course]
- Term allowance will be paid by local currency worth of 40,000 yen (only for A course)
[For each course interns who have completed the whole course.]
- Internship insurance(only for A course)
- PC, Lan and landline telephone
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office.(5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications(IELTS・TOEIC・TOEFL・CEFR・JLPT etc.)
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in internship at designated times at the designated Satellite Office or home.
- Able to participate in internship in accordance with the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2020.
- Registration is acceptable on an online basis by using the registration form on the Program Office website.
- Selection is conducted through document screening, first interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
- During the selection process, various documents (qualification from university, language skills etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs are required to submit individually.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021 (30 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link