The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. They are currently seeking to fill an intern Communications, Advocacy, and Marketing, CAM based in Headquarters – Rome, Italy
Freerice is a philanthropic trivia game that engages students, teachers, and the wider public with WFP’s mission and work. The Team supports the Communications Division by driving interest and awareness toward WFP’s global campaigns through content creation and strategic in-game communications. The Team also strives to create a user-friendly platform via the web and apps in order to encourage wider user adoption of the game and longer play time, thus triggering larger financial donations to WFP’s work through the game.
The Freerice Editorial Intern’s responsibilities will be as follows:
- Freerice Content Development
- Assist the Project Manager with digital storytelling for Freerice.com, including preparing short blog posts, listicles, photo essays, and interviews;
- Review existing in-game content and categories as needed to ensure questions are accurate, up-to-date, appropriate and aligned with Freerice’s mission;
- Provide community support and customer service to users via email, as needed. Assist the Project Manager to address all Freerice concerns, whether from the community, from around WFP, or from interested external parties. They will monitor the Freerice inbox and provide support emails to users.
- Freerice Partnerships & Outreach
- Maintain existing informal partnerships with organizations, individuals, influencers, and others to help Freerice grow and gain new content;
- Work with the Project Manager and Social Media Intern to update and create new outreach and partnership assets, especially around employee engagement;
- Support the Project Manager to engage new and existing Freerice corporate sponsors through content creation and reporting, as needed;
- Help prepare assets (decks, brochures) for different stakeholders, and prospect potential sponsors and media opportunities for the platform.
- Freerice Digital Strategy
- Develop new initiatives and campaigns to boost youth engagement around the Sustainable Developments Goals, in particular, Zero Hunger;
- Work closely with members of the CAM Team to promote WFP storytelling online.
- Support the Project Manager in other tasks as needed.
- A monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- Reimbursement in travel tickets for candidates who are nationals of developing countries pursuing their studies in their home country.
- Access to an industry-leading learning platform, weLearn.
- Participation opportunity in WFP workshops or seminars. (Depending on opportunities and availability of funds)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate programme from a recognized university OR recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate programme (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme) from a recognized university
- University course attendance in the past 12 months
- Technologically savvy with strong writing and digital storytelling skills adapted for different online platforms
- Creative problem-solving skills with a desire to pursue new and untapped opportunities
- Ability to produce compelling copy that speaks to a number of different internal and external audiences
- Understanding of social media strategy and SEO essentials
- Proactive, strategic and able to work independently
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the UN World Food Programme
- Excellent written and spoken English is required (proficiency/level C). (Another UN language would be an advantage.)
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognized institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers, or sisters.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Create an account at the application portal available at https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=2jqh%252bHp7NdB%252bSxSXX7iY7RkhC4koBSdyyXE8kO8vHZg%253d
- Log in to the application portal to apply
- Complete the application using the application portal
Application Deadline: February 17, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link