The Obama Foundation is offering internships and they are committed to recruiting a sundry cohort of interns without discriminating against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.
The Fall 2018 internship will run for 14 weeks beginning on September 4, 2018 and ending on December 7, 2018. For students on the quarter system, the internship will run from September 17, 2018 to December 21, 2018. Interns will be required to work 40 hours a week in either our Chicago or Washington, D.C. office.
The Foundation hopes to provide interns with exposure to diverse models of leadership and practical work experience, especially for those who might not otherwise get them.
- Interns will be exposed to a fast-paced, high-impact environment where they will get to work closely with Foundation staff who are doing everything they can to inspire and meet people where they are.
- Each intern will be placed with a supervisor who will act as their mentor at the organization and provide relevant feedback to them throughout the course of the term.
- Interns will be invited to weekly all-staff meetings so they can stay up-to-date on activities across the organization.
- Throughout the course of the term, interns will be invited to participate in brown bag lunches and presentations to learn more about the career paths and trajectories of Foundation staff.
Current full-time or part-time undergraduates and graduate students who can legally work in the United States can apply for the internship.Eligible Regions: United States
- Interested applicants are required to fill out an online application form.
- Check the official link for details on application process.
Application Deadline: May 14, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link