The application window for Electrical Internship 2019 at Qlayers is now open.
Qlayers is a technology that can create structures in existing topcoats on the microscale. The structure is inspired by the skin of sharks and has been proven to reduce friction drag in water and air up to 8%. The technology has been proven for over 50 years.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
A ‘sharkskin’ coating has been applied to the sailboat ‘Stars and Stripes’, winning the America’s Cup in 1987. Since then, structured coatings have also been applied to swimsuits and aircraft, to increase top speed or reduce fuel consumption. They believe that costly application methods and ease of fouling have prevented widespread application on yachts. And that’s exactly what they’re trying to solve in the coming months with a fully automated, innovative process. You can find more information about Qlayers on their website.
They are looking for students with a passion for electronics, robotics or physics for their Electrical Internship program. Your work will be a valuable addition to the development of Qlayers’ technology. You will work in a high-tech, fast-developing start-up with young enthusiastic colleagues which allow you to grow and learn rapidly.
Intern Assignment: You will be part of the team and proactively assist your colleagues with your expertise.
Roles and Responsibilities: Design a circuit to measure the current in a high-voltage (1-20 kV), low current (1nA – 10 mA) DC system. The circuit should be able to measure currents between few nano-amps to few mili-amps. It is desirable that the output signal is acquired to a data file for further processing. Suggest a method for that purpose.
- Minimum 3 months internship
- Starting date September/October 2019
- The internship is compatible with the Erasmus, traineeship program, check if you would meet requirements.
- A living expense contribution is foreseen
- Flexible working hours
- Free & Healthy lunch
- He said/she said wall > they hold each other accountable
- Qlibrary > share, swap and exchange knowledge
- Freedom > they emphasize individualism and encourage our team members to create their own working style
- Experience with PID control
- Experience with microcontrollers
- Experience with Python, C and C++
- Experience with high-voltage circuitry will be considered as a plus.
- Background in Electrical Engineering
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link