DW is looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences. DW is looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas.
DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honoured in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize.
DW Journalism Traineeship:
- 18 months;
- trainee salary;
- international broadcaster in 30 languages;
- cross-media: TV, online and radio;
- six months of seminar blocks;
- internships in Berlin and Bonn;
- placement with DW foreign bureau;
- international multimedia projects;
- well-known media trainers.
- Working in an international environment
- Taking part in a dynamic team
- Putting your innovative ideas into practice
- The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops & of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels.
- Native speaker of one of DW’s languages with excellent English and good German language skills, or native English speaker with good German language skills, or native German speaker with excellent English language skills
- Completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (especially with a background in technology/IT, science, politics, economics or law)
- Initial journalistic experience
- Creative mind
- Social media expertise
- Ability to work under deadlines and as part of a team
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: November 27, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link