The Commonwealth Foundation is the Commonwealth agency for civil society. It is a unique, stand-alone organization established by Heads of Government in support of the belief that the Commonwealth is as much an association of peoples as it is of governments.
The Knowledge, Learning and Communications programme aims to capture and harness the diverse knowledge that is generated from each of the Foundation’s programme areas and to communicate progress and results. The Foundation supports civic voices to engage with governance institutions, to hold them to account, and enable civic voices to craft and tell stories that have the potential to influence public discourse.
They are looking for an Intern to work in the newly established Knowledge Learning and Communications team. The internship will be London based, in the office 5 days a week from Monday to Friday to support activities of the programme, particularly around our social media presence, including during the upcoming Commonwealth People’s Forum, content management for the Foundation website, data entry for our contacts database and various background research activities for the knowledge and learning programme.
- £50 per day allowance
- Immediate start for a 6 month period
- As an internship, this does not constitute employment with the Foundation.
- There is a limited holiday allowance
- There are no payments to cover sickness
- The Intern is included fully in any external training opportunities (including conference attendance) and appropriate internal learning & development programmes.
- The Commonwealth Foundation look forward to receiving a diverse mix of applications.
- Due to their agreement with the UK Government, any applicants must possess nationality or visa that gives them automatic right to live in the UK.
- The Foundation is unable to sponsor any visa so it must be in place at the time of application (without which the application will not be processed).
- The individual should have strong writing skills, research ability and experience, an experience of working with websites and various social media tools, ability to meet tight deadlines, and good administration skills.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: March 16, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link