CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is renowned worldwide for its groundbreaking research and cutting-edge technology in the field of particle physics. The CERN Internship program offers a unique opportunity for students and young professionals to immerse themselves in this exciting scientific environment and contribute to the advancement of our understanding of the universe. The Internship program for the year 2023 promises to be an unforgettable experience, combining hands-on research, collaboration with leading scientists, and exposure to state-of-the-art facilities.
At CERN, interns are given the chance to work on a wide range of projects, from experimental physics and accelerator technology to computer science and engineering. Participants will join diverse teams of experts from around the globe, fostering an environment of collaboration and innovation. This multidisciplinary approach allows interns to gain valuable insights into various aspects of particle physics research while contributing to ongoing experiments and projects at CERN.
During the internship, participants will have access to CERN’s world-class facilities, including the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), the most powerful particle accelerator ever built. They will also have the opportunity to work with advanced detectors and data analysis techniques, contributing to the analysis of vast amounts of data generated by the experiments. Through this hands-on experience, interns will develop essential skills in experimental design, data interpretation, and problem-solving, while working on cutting-edge research projects.
In conclusion, the CERN Internship 2023 offers a unique opportunity for aspiring scientists and engineers to delve into the fascinating world of particle physics, working alongside leading experts and utilizing state-of-the-art facilities. This immersive experience will not only contribute to their personal and professional growth but also play a significant role in pushing the boundaries of scientific knowledge. The journey through CERN’s Internship program promises to be a transformative experience, paving the way for future scientific breakthroughs and discoveries.
- One of CERN’s key missions is education. Their experts enjoy sharing their knowledge with committed and passionate students.
- You are a full-time student (Technical/Administrative diploma, Bachelor or Master degree).
- Please note that candidates studying for a PhD are not eligible for this programme.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- Your main field of study is in one of the following areas: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. Or in administrative fields such as: translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics.
- You will remain a full-time registered student throughout the internship at CERN.
- You have good working proficiency in English and/ or French.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- You need a CV in English or French (in a PDF format).
- During the application process you will need to select your availability period for this internship.