The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Unit of Information and Technology Management and (ITM) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. This unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. They are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and they expect their interns to become vital members of the team.
Business Operations and Finance interns are part of the Service Delivery team which is the first responder to country office needs and supports ICT and Green Energy projects from a procurement, logistics and finance side. The team works closely with the Copenhagen unit and colleagues across the globe to support operations and programme work in some of the most challenging work environments with energy and ICT infrastructure. As part of the crisis response group of UNDP this work also serves to support UNDP’s resilience and recovery efforts in the wake of natural disasters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist country offices across the unit´s key service lines delivering innovative business solutions, sustainable Green energy services, and world-connecting ICT solutions;
- Support the team in procuring IT equipment ranging from need analysis, requests for quotation, evaluation, purchase and delivery;
- Assist in the preparation of global shipments of equipment with third parties;
- Assist in preparing financial analysis to support the team cost recovery functions, reconciliation, budgeting and financial?reporting;
- Draft and update the team best practices to develop and drive new projects for improvement of operations;
- Participate to the recruitment of new interns and assist the team with the onboarding trainings;
- Draft and update the units` documentation to support the continuous improvement of Service Delivery processes and procedures, instructions and templates for best practice;
- Assist the unit in organizing internal and external conferences;
- Support with gathering, consolidating and analyzing data from databases and reports.
- As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community.
- The UNDP/ITM Business Operations and Finance Internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow.
- They bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context.
- Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; their office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP ITM unit.
- Account Management: Has interest and understanding of customer-oriented service delivery process including procurement, logistics and/or finance;
- Innovation: Has Interest in delivering innovative and sustainable solutions for country offices, focusing on ICT and green renewable innovations;
- Problem Solving: Has Proactive hands-on approach, also when operating with limited information
- Communication: Communicates effectively when working in teams and has a Proactive attitude with a goal-oriented mind-set;
- Project Management: Able to organize and structure different tasks, Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Collaboration: Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability and
Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Required Skills and Experience
You must meet one of the following requirements:
You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of international business, finance, management, economics, administration or equivalent;
Experience in one of the following fields is required: account management, finance, logistics, procurement HR or administration;
Experience with customer-oriented service delivery processes is an advantage;
Experience with procurement processes is an advantage;
Experience with cost recovery, reconciliation, budgeting and financial reporting is an advantage;
Experience with HR recruiting and training is an advantage;
Proficiency in Excel is an advantage;
SharePoint knowledge, preferably SharePoint Online is an advantage;
CRM/ERP systems knowledge is an advantage;
Fluent in written and spoken English is required. Working Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage
Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: October 17, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link