The youth in development virtual fellowship provides emerging civic leaders and social entrepreneurs with the skills and tools to lead social change initiatives effectively. It is proudly supported by the Chicago Booth Business School’s Rustandy Center for Social Innovation and the Appalachian State University. Fellows are trained through practical workshops and mentorship sessions delivered by subject experts worldwide. Alumni of this program have gone ahead to create viable and highly impactful social ventures and lead programs transforming their communities’ social and economic landscapes. YID Fellows engage in a transformative learning experience, where they hone their entrepreneurship skills while learning to lead sustainable social change. Fellows will enjoy access to social innovation training, exclusive mentorship and coaching sessions, global peer collaborations, and other benefits of our 4-month venture incubation program and exclusive networking opportunities. The deadline to express interest is November 1, 2022.
Fellows will participate in an intensive four-month incubation program and online learning experience that will include training on fundraising, systems thinking, storytelling, marketing, policy advocacy, and growth strategies while drawing inspiration from distinguished facilitators. We have designed the fellowship sessions to educate, inspire and help expand your network. You will earn a badge of honour, affiliation, and continuous support for your work. We will connect you with partners and peer collaborators within and outside our network. The fellowship program is expected to run from May to August 2023.
Impact Toolbox is a digital social venture incubator that provides youths equitable opportunities to learn, connect, and access resources to transform their ideas and passion for social change into viable community development projects, businesses, and successful careers. We have deliberately created a platform that situates learning within an easily accessible and flexible virtual environment to reach youths from diverse backgrounds and support them throughout their journey of creating lasting change.
They leverage technologies to democratize access to social innovation and entrepreneurship training, idea incubation, international work experience, global cultural exposure and leadership development. They nurture an ecosystem through which diverse youth groups collaborate, share resources, and access peer supports while synergizing their expertise to make systems changes. They are putting youths at the forefront of socio-economic development by educating them and providing them with the support systems that they need to create society-transforming innovations.
- Social Entrepreneurship Training. Skills and tools for leading social change initiatives effectively.
- Investment Readiness Lab. Investment readiness training to position your venture for investment and grant funding.
- Prototype Development. Opportunity to apply for the Impact Toolbox Prototype development prize.
- Pipeline to Opportunities. Pipeline to other prestigious professional development and funding opportunities.
- Mentorship & Coaching. One-on-one coaching and interactions with top business experts and exceptional social entrepreneurs from across the world.
- Peer Support & Connections. Critical support and collaborations with members of their growing network of exceptional social innovators.
- Interest in leading a social venture and a career in the social sector
- Excellent idea or initiative for social change
- Age 19 to 30 on or before the 27th of February.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Applications are open to any young person who has a strong passion and ideas for social change
- Availability to complete all the weekly activities included in the application process and the four-month fellowship and incubation program.
Eligible Regions: Open to all
- Go to their official application site
- fill out all the information carefully.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link