Applications are now open for WFUNA Peace Fellows Programme 2021! Apply now!
The World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is a global nonprofit organization representing and coordinating a membership of over 100 national United Nations Associations (UNAs) and their thousands of constituents. Guided by our vision of a United Nations that is a powerful force in meeting common global challenges and opportunities, WFUNA works to strengthen and improve the United Nations. They achieve this through the engagement of people who share a global mindset and support international cooperation – global citizens.
WFUNA Peace Fellows Programme gathers together young people around the globe who demonstrate an interest in the UN’s peacebuilding work and SDG 16+, especially in peacebuilding efforts in the North-East Asian region. This five-day, selective programme in inspirational locations, Seoul, Republic of Korea, provides a unique opportunity for young scholars to observe firsthand the long-lasting effects of war, the local realities of the global discourse on peace, and the recent developments for peace in the Korean peninsula, with the purpose of building the capacity of youth to effectively engage peace issues. For the convenience of the participants, WFUNA will organize two discussion groups considering their time zones. The running time for the programme will be 3-4 hours a day. The participants’ number will be 25-30.
- United Nations Expertise- Access to expert knowledge and hands-on experience that provide an in-depth understanding of UN’s peacebuilding work and Sustainable Development Goals.
- New Perspectives on Peace in Korea- Discover unfolding peace talks on the Korean Peninsula with key stakeholders.
- Academic Exploration- Diverse and simulating programme throughout special lectures, peace dialogue with Korean youth, discussion with experts and teamwork.
- Networking- Meet fellow young leaders from around the world to share experience and broaden the network
- An interactive program that builds the capacity of youth to effectively engage peace issues
- A unique opportunity for young scholars to observe firsthand the long-lasting effects of war, local realities of the global distance on peace, and the recent developments towards peace in the Korean peninsula, and North Korea issues with the purpose of building the capacity of the youth to effective engage peace issues
- Opportunity to participate from around the world and build a global community
- Youth aged 20 to 30
- Who demonstrates an interest in peace building work; Asia-Pacific security and peace issues; and North Korea Issues
- Participants are required to register via an online application. To register please click on Apply Now.
- Fee Information: The cost of the program is $450 and includes a training fee, online lectures, and welcome kit (Program booklet, VR Cardboard, Korean green tea, and snack
Application Deadline: July 16, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link