Westerwelle Foundation is inviting to apply for the Young Founders Programme Autumn 2021! Apply now!
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding is a nonprofit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Their mission is to create equal opportunities for all by uplifting emerging markets through empowered entrepreneurship. The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) is a 6-month fellowship for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging markets. It brings together leaders from all over the world, who are united in the pursuit to achieve entrepreneurial greatness. This fellowship is for 25 leaders uplifting emerging and developing markets towards a sustainable future. They offer targeted support to scale their founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, with the following program plan:
- Kick-Off Conference: A two-day digital kick-off conference will take place in the last week of September 2021;
- Remote Programme: From October 2021 – March 2022, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, alumni buddy, monthly peer mentoring sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors;
- Berlin Conference: The ten best performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Spring 2022. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events and get an insight into the German start-up scene.
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme 2021-22 aims to uplift young entrepreneurs by creating equal opportunities for all in emerging markets. Young Fellow Program in Germany is an international fellowship in which leaders from all over the world are brought together. The international leadership program in Berlin unites outstanding young entrepreneurs in the pursuit to achieve entrepreneurial greatness. Moreover, the programmer provides opportunities to prior alumni of the fellowship and get to know their successful methods of during business in emerging markets.
The six months Westerwelle international fellowship is a complete package for young businessmen which includes mentoring, peer learning, a buddy program, Berlin conference, and expert sessions. All these are very vital to make your own exclusive mark in the emerging markets. The best feature of this fully-funded fellowship is to give the participants a unique experience by providing them a successful entrepreneur or an inventor who becomes their sparring partner. Besides this, the participants interact with others and have access to new opportunities for doing business. Furthermore, the Westerwelle fellowship program in Germany conducts expert sessions in which the participants get an in-depth insight into their relevant fields with high-class experts. As the international fellowship program Westerwelle Foundation based on correlation of economic success, it ultimately empowers the young leaders. Moreover, the participants get a chance to work on a middle-class socio-economic model and compare it to Germany Mittlestand. The Foundation has well-known world-class partners such as Evonik, Gi2, Google, Liquid Telecom, United International Hotspot, Oracle, and Flat 6 Labs Tunis, etc. This is an opportunity for young future leaders to learn business techniques of the Foundation’s a chance to the ten best participants to attend a fully-funded Berlin Conference and make contacts with the world’s most successful businessman and mentors while staying in Germany for 5 days.
- Mentoring: A unique experience with a successful entrepreneur or investor, who becomes your sparring partner.
- Peer Learning: Exchanges with other successful young founders of the cohort to share knowledge and support each other.
- Expert Sessions: In-depth sessions on relevant topics with high-class experts.
- Buddy Programme: Access to new business opportunities by being connected to alumni of the programme.
- Berlin Conference: Exposure to the Berlin Startup Ecosystem through a fully funded one-week conference together with the other founders for the top 10 participants.
The fully-funded international fellowship calls for entrepreneurs who have enough potential to become leaders of a sustainable future and have an impactful business model. Such leaders from around the world will be selected to support the uplifting of the emerging and developing markets. Candidates of all emerging and developing countries may apply.
- The participant must have started a for-profit company in recent five years. The focus of the company must be developing or emerging markets.
- The company must have a business model and that must be successful in terms of generating ideal revenue or has secured its first round of external funding.
- The business must be impactful and must be to enhance the market quality.
- The participants must have good knowledge of English.
- The participants must be available for conferences and events for six months during this fellowship.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- In order to apply successfully, the candidates have to apply online.
- To start the process please click on Apply Now.
- Answer all the questions asked in the application very carefully and comprehensively so that they could be understood properly.
The following application will provide our Programme Team with an understanding of your startup and profile. Please have the following key elements ready:
- Your startup pitch deck
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile and/or CV
Application Deadline: September 3, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link